Playtonic Communications is based in Toronto, Ontario. Our principal activity is online journalism, and modern information technologies play a fundamental role in our activities. Protecting your privacy is important to us. This policy statement has been developed to be consistent with international guidelines drafted by the Organization of Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Readers may access the Toys & Games home page and browse many areas of the online magazine without disclosing personal data.
- Certain pages are available only to subscribers with a professional interest in the youth-products/entertainment industry. Accessing protected pages requires registration, which involves disclosing name, email address and company or organizational affiliation.
- During registration, applicants are also asked to identify their industry involvement — “retailer”, “supplier”, or “other” which could include such roles as importer, exporter, buyer, manufacturer, inventor, educator, marketing consultant, etc. This information is required. Disclosing a website address is voluntary, but may help confirm industry participation.
- Playtonic Communications holds all subscriber data in strict confidence. Information collected during the registration process is protected by SSL encryption and is used only to verify subscribers’ credentials, administer the magazine, and periodically communicate with readers about website updates, new content and promotional programs of interest to industry participants. We do not sell or rent our circulation list, or in any way share personal data about subscribers.
- Neither Playtonic Communications nor Toys & Games Magazine has access to personal passwords and cannot retrieve them if lost. The system offers a mechanism for resetting forgotten passwords.
- The T & G website enables readers to communicate with each other and post information visible to anyone, whether a subscriber or not. Readers who submit comments are advised to use discretion, if they choose to disclose personal details. Readers wanting to communicate privately with the editor may use the feedback form.
- The T & G website may place cookies on your computer to facilitate login and normal operations. We also rely on third-party providers such as Google Inc. for site monitoring and the delivery of advertising and media. These third-party services, as well as other linked websites, may attempt to place cookies on your computer and collect personal data. The use of such techniques is beyond our control, but readers can set their browsers to decline or delete cookies as they wish, at the risk of reduced functionality.
- Playtonic and T & G Magazine are voluntarily committed to a periodic review of these policies. If you have a question or concern, please email the editor or send a written communication to:
Toys & Games Editor
3409 Yonge Street, PO Box 94084
Toronto, ON M4N 3R1.