The International Council of Toy Industries’ ethical manufacturing program, known as ICTI Care, has launched an initiative designed specifically to aid small to medium enterprises (SMEs) in creating sustainable and responsible supply chains.
The initiative, titled Committed Brands Plus, will provide instant and affordable access to ICTI Care’s searchable database of over 1,300 toy factories around the world, detailed profiles on factories’ ethical performance, and ICTI CARE certification audits.
An ICTI Care spokesman explained the initiative, saying, “Small- and medium-sized enterprises form the back bone of the global toy industry, with research showing that SMEs make up over 90 percent of the marketplace in Europe and the US. While smaller toy companies may have limited time and resources, their commitment to responsible business practices and to ensuring the well-being of workers in their supply chain remains just as strong.”
In addition to providing access to its new Global Ethical Sourcing Database, the ICTI Care Plus initiative also offers a wide variety of other benefits, including:
- Membership of the world’s largest community of toy brands and retailers working together to raise ethical standards in the toy industry supply chain;
- Connect with factories to receive critical compliance updates;
- Signal to buyers and retailers your commitment to Responsible Sourcing;
- Benefit from ICTI’s global network of on-the-ground experts and partners;
- Receive marketing support and be featured on ICTI’s website/publications.
For more information, contact ICTI Care.