The Neighbourhood Toys Stores of Canada announced its list of Gold Star award-winning products for 2016.
This year, the membership association of specialty-market retailers and suppliers named ten products, ranging from soft plush for infants to STEM kits and music toys for early learners.
Selected for their “exceptional play value”, the 2016 collection of winners includes:
- Wee Baby Stella Sleepy Time Scents Set by Manhattan Toy from Group One Associates;
- Roominate Mansion by Play Monster from Outset Media;
- Snap Circuits Beginner Set by Elenco from Outtathebox Sales & Marketing;
- Musical Rainbow Railway from Hape International;
- Peaceful Panda by cloud b from Do-Gree Fashions Ltd.;
- Jeopardy Deluxe Edition Game from Outset Media;
- Snap Circuits 3D Illumination by Elenco from Outtathebox Sales & Marketing;
- My First Set: Ice World by Magformers from Playwell Enterprises;
- 30th Anniversary Pound and Tap Bench from Hape International;
- Rock & Roll It Piano by Mukikim from Stortz Toys.
The prestigious list, which is released each year just as the holiday-buying season kicks off, is compiled after several months of collecting customer feedback and reviewing hundreds of products. “The Gold Star collection is designed to aid parents in their annual quest for a quality toy that ensures every child finds the right gift under the tree,” says NETS President Dianne Mattice.
In addition to displaying a bright gold sticker on their packaging, all Gold Star-winning products will appear in NETS’ annual toy catalogue, which is scheduled to reach consumers’ doorsteps by the end of October. No doubt, many NETS retailers will also be highlighting winners during this year’s Neighbourhood Toy Store Day on November 12.
For more information, contact Neighbourhood Toy Stores of Canada.