A small group of members convened for the Canadian Toy Association’s 2016 Annual General Meeting on June 29 at Toronto’s Woodbine Racetrack.
In addition to the usual financial report and updates from CTA business committees, the event’s agenda included an introduction to new personnel on the CTA’s Board of Directors and a salute to departing directors.
“A token of our appreciation was presented to this year’s outgoing board members Kerry George, Greg Ferguson, and Dave Charbonneau,” said the CTA’s Danielle Russell. “And the Association also welcomed three new directors: Marisa Pedatella of Hasbro Canada, Harold Chizick of Chizcom Ltd., and Rose Kriedemann of Lion Rampant Imports.”
The confirmed 2016/2017 slate of officers and returning directors was presented. It includes:
- Chair: Steve Morris, Jakks Pacific;
- Vice-Chair: Donna Polimac, Mattel Canada;
- TIA-Liaison: William To, VTech Electronics;
- Past-Chair: Jeff Hurst, Spin Master Ltd.;
- Graeme Bissett, Tech4Kids;
- Diane Goveia-Gordon, MGA Entertainment Canada;
- Peter Irwin, iToys USA Ltd. (Chair, Safety and Sustainability Committee);
- Sandra Kabat, LEGO Canada Inc.;
- Andre Morissette, ilo 307 (Vice- Chair, Safety and Sustainability Committee);
- Marisa Pedatella, Hasbro Canada;
- Margot Somerville, Crayola Canada (Chair, Marketing and Communications Committee);
- Kelly Woon, Funrise Toy Corp.
Following the AGM, attendees and guests, including the U.S. Toy Industry Association’s Ken Ebeling, were treated to a buffet dinner and a live racing social.
For more information, contact the Canadian Toy Association.